55 Gallon Aquascaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karatepig

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, new 55g (48in./13in./21in. coming up soon, I plan on having low maintenance plants (will put some thoughts below) and some driftwood and pvc for caves for my loaches. Stock list:

Polka-Dot Loach / Botia Kubotai x5
Black Kuhli Loach / Pangio Kuhlii x6
Cardinal Tetra / Paracheirodon axelrodi x10
Gold Neon Tetra / Paracheirodon innesi x10
Sailfin Pleco / Glyptoperichthys gibbiceps x1 (Don't harp on this guy's potential size, I know.)

Plants that I've been suggested: Anubias, Java Ferns, Crypts, Water Sprite, and Java Moss. I plan on having a piece of driftwood on the left side (darkness will depend on the substrate, will be browsing, will edit/post tomorrow with options) that will be covered in java moss on the frontal area with some smaller plants along the front of it, and some pvc pipes behind it that have been covered in silicon and rolled in the same type of substrate to create caves. I would like the caves to not be visible from the front due to the rocks and plants.

As for the right side of the tank, I want a lot of hiding spots made out of rocks, covered in java moss, again, with small plants in front of it and around it. I would like there to be some plants in-between, some bigger ones in the back, and some smaller ones in the front.

Any recommendations on exactly what plants I should put where? Again, these plants need to be cheap, easy, and low maintenance. Appreciate any help.

Oh, and the gravel I pick out will be suitable for both my loaches and for plants. Thanks for stopping by, hope I can get some replies and maybe even inspire some tanks after this is finished.

Back
Top Bottom