55g fell into my lap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the help :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

I just added 2 Densonii Barbs. I plan to add 2 more at least. These are youngsters and eating like pigs.
Sorry for blurry pic
6ed4ee05f2d9ba4332f5d460f06748be.jpg
b737e03c55ddae26a00462bee1fd03d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool looking fish, really nice looking colors. Do they grow big?

30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails

Love those guys, great colors and movement throughout the tank. Wayyyy spensive by me though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cool looking fish, really nice looking colors. Do they grow big?

30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails

They get around 4.5" a 55g is about the smallest they can use. Bigger is better. Mine are babies. These are active swimmers, like lots of oxygen and flow. With my big canister, the return sends water the length of the tank. I am cautiously optimistic.

I have around 9 oto's In my tank. I only see about two - three on a good day. For over a month I thought the rest had died until I moved the wood one day and they all flew away scaring the heck out of me! They eat algae on the plants and glass and zucchini I stick under the side of the wood I guess. LOL!
That's awesome you got pics of them like that.

I just added 10-12 more Neons. Petsmart had them for $1/Tetra.
I also got 2 baby Veil Angels. 1 Marbled and 1 Gold. I prefer the all black, but I liked these 2.

I'm going back tomorrow to check new shipment for 2-3 more Denison's Barbs ( aka Roseline Sharks).

That's a good buy on the tetras.
Don't forget pic's when they settle in, really enjoy seeing your tank :)

30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Really like how your tank is set up ☺ the fish look all happy and healthy, can't get over how bright the neons and dension barbs look! And those Angel's are beautiful always wanted another such graceful creatures.

30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Fish are very active after a 50% PWC and adding my Ferts. Using Thrive all in one liquid from Nilocg. I added some Excel also.
e9ec94c97cb23f02e12788b676dbf9dc.jpg
cc5f2ff32e32f2c5ff19ce5ad3f5c811.jpg

Picked up 3 more Denison's Barbs. 2 are larger than I expected. I snagged 3 more Cory sterbai as well.

Total stock
1 Farlowella vittata
1 Oto (ran out of fish $, more soon)
5 Denison's Barbs
14 Neon Tetras
5 Cory sterbai
2 veil Angelfish ... baby angels looking poorly...may QT or return. I was bought with fin rot, the other looked fine. I adjusted my flow yesterday and they may have gotten blown around ?

Pics once new fish color up. Looking better already

Just watched this and it's great lol that is so weird [emoji3] what a cool fish!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The tank got really bare, I stopped using ferts because I was barely home and killed off a lot of plants.

But I'm back to using Thrive every other day. Plants are starting to bounce back and I got a generous plant package from a club member.

IMG_2278.jpgIMG_2279.jpgIMG_2280.jpgIMG_2281.jpg

L aromatica
Ludwigia Red
A couple of new Crypts

Stock
4 Denison's Barbs
1 Farlowella vittata
1 Oto
2 C sterbai
14 Neon Tetras
Snails

I will be adding more Otos and Cories.
Maybe a Pearl Gourami or an Angel

Sorry for crappy phone pics. I still need to add a black background.

Looks good :) abit of growing and it should come up a treat!

Back
Top Bottom