Any clue as to what this little plant is? Need ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shendeavorelae

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought this at the LFS, but it was unlabeled and I have no clue what it is.

Anyone have any ideas and if so, what should I expect from this plant or would it be right for my tank? (10g, 3wpg, C02, ferts)

Thanks! :wink:

grass1.jpg

grass2.jpg

I can guarantee that it is Lilaeopsis brasiliensis. I just planted about two square feet of the stuff in my tank and it's a dead ringer :) Planting it in bunches won't hurt. If you wan't to achieve a carpet-like effect I would recommned planting bunches of it in a checkerboard pattern and letting it grow in. Once established it will spread readily (almost invasively) and you will have nice coverage in no time. The plant you have is showing emersed growth foliage which will soon be replaced by shorter, greener foliage that should closely resemble grass (think your front lawn). This stuff does have a tendency to attract algae before most of the other plants in your tank so maintaining proper nutrient balance is essential to growing it properly. It also loves lots of light and prefers some additional CO2 if you've got it :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom