Aponogeton - I need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaJoe

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all;

I recently acquired some Aponogeton bulbs and am wondering what sort of requirements they have. I would have researched this before getting the bulbs but they were a gift and I wasn't about to decline new plants for my aquarium :)

I suppose I should tell you a bit about the tank they would be planted in. Well, the tank is 29 gallons with a HOB filter (AC110). It houses two ID Catfish and four Dojo Loaches. There are currently six species of plants thriving in the tank which has no CO2 system and minimal ferts added each week. I use about 2.5 ml of flourish each time I dose -which is roughly once a week. As far as lighting goes, I am only using the hood/light that came with the tank which is a fluorescent tube fixture.

Like I said, all of the other plants seem to be thriving so I am wondering if these new aponogeton bulbs will do the same. I recently had some great luck with dwarf lilly bulbs. I would post some pics but I need new batteries :roll:

Also, I'm not sure what other species of plants I have in the aquarium. Once I get batteries for my camera I intend on snapping some photos of the plants so I can try to get an ID for each of them.

So anyway! Can anyone tell me more about these aponogeton bulbs?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Joe

i purchased aponogeton bulbs from walmart some time ago. i have them in a 28 gal tank with 2.5 WPG & CO2 and i also have them in my 75 gal tank running @ 1 WPG and no CO2. both are growing well, HTH.

Back
Top Bottom