C02 tank for a 10gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
its the only tank thats reasonablly priced there 5lb tanks are $130 Can and all other local welding shops dont sell tanks. Anyone have other suggestions of where to buy a tank from?

Do you have any paintball shops around you? I picked up a 20oz tank from them for less than that. All of those paintball sized CO2 systems will work with any of those tanks, it's a standard interface.

Which CO2 regulator system do you have/getting?

um im not totally sure what system i have i believe it is a milwakee of some sort i bought it of sherry on here a year ago. as for the paintball tanks ill have to check if they fit my regulator maybe ill bring it into a shop to see if it fits the paintball tanks.

If it's a milwaukee reg I doubt it'll work with a paintball sized CO2 tank. You'll need a standard CO2 tank. The smallest I know for sure is a 5lb tank, but believe i *might* have seen a 2.5lb tank once.

I never would have thought to actually use a paintball tank for CO2 on an aquarium. That sounds so easy! Places like that are all over around here! Maybe I'll get to that point sooner than I thought!

well im still goign to check it might not be milwakee the regulator looks like it might fit perfectly ill find out soon.wish me luck because i cant find them anywhere else.

Well considering that the cylinder you linked is only a little over 0.16lbs. This means that you would need to replace it 30 times to have the same output as a 5lbs cylindar. So it has the equivalent cost of $900 when compared to a 5lbs cylinder that can be refilled at a fraction of the initial cost. I highly doubt that it'll last the advertized 260 days AND allow you to achieve 30ppm of CO2.

well im going to look at a paintball place or walmart which sells a 24oz which is atound 1 1/2 lbs which is alright i guess the only problem is around here no one is selling C02 tanks and if they are its really prixey. Bigals is charging $180 for a 5lb and aquariumplants.com is charging around $130, but that requires a credit card which i dont have:( im just looking for a cheap alternative.

Last edited:
well sratch the paintball tank idea im going to be purchasing the 5lb from aquariumplants in about a month as i found out you can do money orders:) after that i just need my plants:) im so happy now:) onc ei get everything started ill make a thread on my progress.

Back
Top Bottom