Does this Ludwigia look like it's dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How long have you had it?

For about 3 months. This is a part of another Ludwigia that I tried to plant, but it looks awful. I can post pics of the other Ludwigia when my light comes on in 30 minutes.

I wouldn't worry about it. It doesn't seem to have lost leaves and the ones it has look healthy aside from hanging down a little.

I wouldn't worry about it. It doesn't seem to have lost leaves and the ones it has look healthy aside from hanging down a little.

Okay. I'm about to purchase a PPS pro pack and hopefully that will make it look better

It's looks to me like the lower portions aren't getting enough light. See how the spacing changes so abruptly going up the stem? I'm betting that the amazon sword is overshadowing much of the plant. You should move them to a different, more open location.

It's looks to me like the lower portions aren't getting enough light. See how the spacing changes so abruptly going up the stem? I'm betting that the amazon sword is overshadowing much of the plant. You should move them to a different, more open location.

Okay. I'll try that. Thanks

See how all the leaves have fallen off at the very bottom? That also makes me think of a light issue.

Good luck.

Maybe. How deep is the tank though?

I'm doubtful though. The plant looks great at the top and just goes in the crapper fairly rapidly. It might just be a total light issue. Is it getting shaded there like I think it is?

Maybe. How deep is the tank though?

I'm doubtful though. The plant looks great at the top and just goes in the crapper fairly rapidly. It might just be a total light issue. Is it getting shaded there like I think it is?

The tank is 14 inches deep. It probably was getting shaded, but since then I've moved it to where nothing is in the way. I'm also battling BBA if that effects anything.

Back
Top Bottom