Eco-Complete Regular or Fine??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian086

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi. I am planning on getting some eco-complete for my soon to be set-up 15g planted shrimp tank. I realize these are the same product but which would people recommend to use with the shrimp, regular or fine. I can't seem to find any pictures online to compare. I also plan on using some in my 10g with moderate planting, cories, guppies....
Also how far would a 20lb(9kg) go, enough for both my tanks???.... Ian

I'd go with the fine version. I haven't seen the fine grade in-person because its relatively new -- i have regular. But i also have two shrimp specific substrates, Fluval shrimp stratum and UP shrimp sand, and they are both significantly smaller in granules than other substrates I've used.

I was going to use the Fluval plant or shrimp stratum as my sole substrate. I love the look of it. I have to import it, so unfortunately cost ruled that idea out. Would it be a good idea to top off the Eco with the stratum or just leave it??. I've read that both plant and shrimp stratum are basically the same.
Do you think the 20lb bag would be enough for my 15g and 10g???

The standard metric that most companies use is that one bag is enough for a 10g. If you have a 15g tall (same footprint as a 10g), two will be fine. If its the long version (24" x 12", 40% more than a 10g), you might consider three.

Back
Top Bottom