First planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can also make your own root tabs using Osmocote Plus Indoor and Outdoor. I add 1/8th teaspoon to an ice cube tray, add enough water to cover the pellets, and freeze. Push the ice cube as far down in the substrate as possible. Replace every 3 months is what I have been told.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can also make your own root tabs using Osmocote Plus Indoor and Outdoor. I add 1/8th teaspoon to an ice cube tray, add enough water to cover the pellets, and freeze. Push the ice cube as far down in the substrate as possible. Replace every 3 months is what I have been told.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app[/QUOTE

Do they work well?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Stock so far nt sure on numbers my sons want a plec some cories harlequin raspboaras and a center piece fish could anyone help with number for my tank x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How big is the tank ?
Most Plecos should be in 30g (US) or larger.

Cories are awesome
Harlequin Rasboras are great
You don't need a centerpiece fish. Your plants and fish create a picture

I would consider swapping SW background for a black background. The plants and fish will "pop".

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanks 180 litres and the back ground will be black evetually

Small Plecos are Clowns or Pitbull Plecos. They are social tho. They are Parotocinclus jumbo.

A BNose I think needs at least 30g. Poop machines.

Must b the angle i took it on its nt a small tank by any means bt not as large as we would like

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app[/QUOTE

Do they work well?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just started using them, but i know people on here that use them. Brookster Mebbid, and i believe Fresh2o

I've been growing java fern, anacharis, anubias, java moss, and pygmy chain sword in my 10 gallon for about 3 months. Oh, and a marimo moss ball. No co2, no fertilizers, and using whatever lights came standard with the tank.

Nothing seems to be struggling as of now anyway and the anacharis is growing relatively quickly.

I got most of the plants from the link below. Everything arrived in great shape and seems to have survived well. I just followed the instructions that came with the plants.

Low Light Plants

It's my first tank, so I liked that this website sorted the plants by light requirements and then also tank size. Hope that helps.

Ive ordered some root tabs hopefully once i order plants and fish it should be enough to nt have to dose anything other than the root tabs x

Ive ordered some root tabs hopefully once i order plants and fish it should be enough to nt have to dose anything other than the root tabs x

That depends on what plants you want to grow.

Most should have some liquid or dry ferts besides the root tabs. The tabs are mostly for the heavy root feeders like swords and crypts. Other plants get their fertilization out of the water column.

So figure out easy plants and then figure out ferts.

Just purchased some root tabs for when i get plants and could anyone recommend a liquid fert in the uk i could buy

Hi Terri

Seachem ferts can be ordered online but they are costly.

I think it was £17 for 500ml

I am trying easylife products. You can buy easycarb and profito for £15 on amazon. That's 500ml of liquid carbon and 500ml of liquid micro ferts. If you by easycarbo (which you should in my opinion) be very very careful with dosing. Start 0.5ml a day

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I should have made it more clear but you get both the carbon and ferts for £15. It's a cheaper brand probably not as good as Seachem but I have been very happy with the results for low light plants and 2 x T8 fluorescents.

Speak to skelly for root tabs. The shop ones are very poor in comparison to the ones skelly makes via mebbids instruction thread. If you private message skelly he will send you lots more tabs than you can buy in the shops at around half the price. He's UK based and mine came within a few days of the order.

Can anyone help with the numbers for the stock my boys want

Can anyone help with the numbers for the stock my boys want

To make this easier for others to respond to, you should mention the stock and numbers again. I scrolled back 30+ posts and could not find it.

Lol you can say that again, mine has practically filled the tank! Lol

I really only have one good stem though. Out of the 6 I have one is nice and tall, but the other 5 are short. 4 of them where recent trimmings that I am waiting for them to root. Once they do my filter intake should be somewhat covered up

Back
Top Bottom