First planted tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jo26

Aquarium Advice Regular
IMG_0034.jpg

First attempt at a planted tank. After a couple of weeks everything seems to be going okay! Live plants look so much better than artificial!

Agreed. What type of plants do you have and size of tank? Jw.
Keep posting updates. It is fun to read about other people's progress and problem solving.

29gallon tank. And got a few varietys of anubias, dwarf sword at the front, a cryptocoryne some anacharis and a red tiger lotus the the front right corner. They all seem to be doing pretty well so far so I will keep it all updated to show the growth[emoji5]

Looking good, my problem is my wife buys me plants and I can never figure out what they are. She says "l don't know what it is, I just liked it". Lol

LMFAO like her and the 9yr old don't gang up on me enough now!

They don't need an audience!

Looking good, my problem is my wife buys me plants and I can never figure out what they are. She says "l don't know what it is, I just liked it". Lol

Haha. Just accept them and smile lol. I saw a picture of your tank a while back on one of the threads, can't remember which now, and that was one of the reasons I decided to switch to live plants.

Yeah definitely. Very rewarding though. Just hoping I can keep them all alive now!

Do you have CO2 setup? Use fertilizer? I have tried live plants with no success. Just about ready to give up!

Do you have CO2 setup? Use fertilizer? I have tried live plants with no success. Just about ready to give up!

You should make a thread and add some photos, I'm sure heaps of people here can steer u in the right direction ;)

I don't have co2 setup no. But I use root tabs and use seachem flourish at the moment. I'm very new to this and only had the plants in for 3 weeks but they are growing at the moment and do look healthy so fingers crossed!

I'm sure if you post any problems you're having there will be plenty of people here to help you.

IMG_0200.jpg

The red tiger lotus is thriving!! In the first picture it is the one in the bottom right corner (barely seen lol) it's huge now and doing amazingly!

By first picture I mean the picture at the top of the thread, first one posted. Sorry for the confusion lol.

Back
Top Bottom