Help for live plant as a "secondary concern"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndreaM

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, studied a good amount, still have a question:

BACKGROUND
I'm planning a 2 fancy goldfish tank 60x45x45 cm (about 24x18x18 inches) of 121,5 liters (about 32 gallons). The aquascape will be an hardscape with round rocks. It will be lit only by natural light (no direct exposition to sunlight).
I'm inclined to put one or two little spots of live plants.
I do know that goldfish can eat or move them around and that's not a problem. In fact I may intentionally choose plants that taste good for them. I don't mind if I have to put new plants in the tank now and then, or if I have to trim them or remove them from the tank.
As a mere before hand exemplification I was thinking about anacharis (favorite at the moment), Water Sprite (can require constant trimming), Vallisneria Spiralis (I read it can -slowly- grow whithout a good lighting).
Final statement is that I'll choose low-light, no CO2, "easy" plants, and I don't care too much for them to be "successful".

QUESTION
While I don't mind to if I have to put new plants in the tank now and then, or if I have to trim them or remove them from the tank, what I do care about are the possible negative effect of those plants... What if I don't guess the right time to remove them (if the plants, for example, are not healty)? What do I have to beware of?

Idk about vallisneria, my goldfish devoured it in the past... As a forefround plant try anubias, the leaves are bitter tasting so no fish tries to take a bite of it :)

Sent per three-eyed raven...

Thank you! If I'll see that I'm just "feeding" plants treats to goldies, I'll stop or consider a tank dedicated to live plants to feed to goodies :)

I've never heard of such a thing, my goldfish didn't even come near it!

Sent per three-eyed raven...

Back
Top Bottom