Help ID a Plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brunettebaby4571

Aquarium Advice FINatic
There is a picture here on AA that has a plant that I am trying to ID. It is the one that resembles a feather. If anyone knows what type of plant this is I would be super happy! I added the picture as well. Thank you tons!

Attachments

• freshwater_aquarium.jpg
    freshwater_aquarium.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Thats what I thought originally but after looking at a lot of pictures online it just doesn't look like the picture I posted so I'm not sure if its parrots feather or not.

Looks like tropical hornwort (Ceratophyllum submersum) to me.

It is hornwort. Depending on the angle of the camera the pictures can be deceiving on how it looks. Google pictures of hornwort and you'll be able to see how different the plant looks depending on how the pictures were taken. In the above pic you almost get the illusion of the plant being flat with just needles off the sides but the one stem at the bottom you can see it's not a flat plant.

EDIT: Here's a link to a picture of hornwort that looks the same way... AQUAPAGE.eu - Aquarium plants - Ceratophyllum demersum - Rigid hornwort

Back
Top Bottom