Help keeping plants alive!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EthanBeltramo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here's what I got.mi have full spectrum lighting with gravel. It's a 36 bowfront.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422127315.023774.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422127344.084324.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422127369.996258.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422127391.468967.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422127416.870456.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

That waterlilly will cover up the whole surface of the tank. Nice plants, but you have to keep the pads pruned. The cool thing about them is that they will flower. The onion and Aponogeton are also pretty cool plants.

You will also need root tabs for the Amazon Swords.

I am keeping the a,Avon sword in the pot it came in with a root tab. Would it be fine planting it in e small pot? Also, I don't want the waterlilly taking to much light, so once full grown, can I add it to my ten g?

I am keeping the a,Avon sword in the pot it came in with a root tab. Would it be fine planting it in e small pot? Also, I don't want the waterlilly taking to much light, so once full grown, can I add it to my ten g?

Take the sword out of the pot because their roots like to spread. Swords are root feeders! When I do partial water changes I never vacuum the substrate because my Swords take care of all that. I sort of adopt some of Diana Walstad's principles into a Hi-Tech tank.

Water Lillies ARE aggressive both root-wise and light-wise. If you plant it, keep the leaves pruned! Personally i think Lillies are better suited for ponds vice Aquariums. I had 1 water Lilly in a 55 and it TOOK over like a boss. I got rid of it. I would just go with the swords, onion, and the Aponogeton.

The Water Lilly will be the biggest bulbs and the Aponogeton bulbs are small. The onion, well, looks like an onion.

You should have continued the older thread or put a link on that thread to go to this one. Hard to follow multiple threads.
The rubber band on the stem plant on the left side of pic #2 should be removed and the stems should be replanted as per the advice on the anacharis.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok. Can I move the water Lilly to my ten gallon?

Is it ok to remove it when it becomes an issue? My ten g is bare because I moved the majority of my plants and decor to my 36. I have a betta with platy and I want em to feel safe.

Is it ok to remove it when it becomes an issue? My ten g is bare because I moved the majority of my plants and decor to my 36. I have a betta with platy and I want em to feel safe.

Honestly, I would wait for the swords to fill in. Swords will get big and multiply. Have patience.

Back
Top Bottom