I just redid my 29 any advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xand3r

Aquarium Advice Activist
For the last month or so I've been reading, watching videos, and looking at pictures to get a general idea of what I'm going to do with my 46 G Bow front.
At first I wanted to use sand but I don't want to add root tabs every now and then. Later Someone here recommended dirt, but I know that it can get a little messy so I decided not to use it. That's when I decided to use the Eco Complete I had in my 29 gallon tank along with the plants. So if I wanted to use the substrate and plants of my 29 I had to put something else in it, and that's just what I did.

The tank had been running for about 8 months and to be honest it did not have any shape, just plants going wild in it (of course I trimmed and feed them as they grew), and I wasn't satisfied with the way it looked (I forgot to take pictures before getting everything out of the tank)

After cleaning the tank, I added some peat moss (it worked pretty good before) on top of it I added some of my old Eco complete, and then I covered it with sand (I have never used sand before).

I trimmed some of my plants before getting them out of the tank, so I used some of the clippings in the new set up. The plants on the right were my first plants (Aponogeton, don't know the species) They where in my 10 gallon but outgrew the tank so I transferred them to the 29 (they looked better 2 weeks ago).

In summary the only new things the tank has is the sand and the piece of wood that I've been treating for about month and a half.

29G.JPG

it's been only a couple of hours but really like the sand, it doesn't cloud the water, and planting it's way easier than Eco.

I really hope that my substrate works.

Yeah, that was first thing I made for my tank, I used some cement, and then mixed it with some grout that I had in my house for the final coats (it has like 5 coats) then I used some sealer for concrete (don't remember its name it's been a while) I thought that the sealer did not help much but today when I cleaned it, I noticed that it was really easy to get rid of the algae, and it looks like new 8, 9 months after.

Xand3r said:
Yeah, that was first thing I made for my tank, I used some cement, and then mixed it with some grout that I had in my house for the final coats (it has like 5 coats) then I used some sealer for concrete (don't remember its name it's been a while) I thought that the sealer did not help much but today when I cleaned it, I noticed that it was really easy to get rid of the algae, and it looks like new 8, 9 months after.

Ya it looks superb!

Thanks for the kind words. I actually like the way it looks now better than before; The black substrate just made everything looks darker.

Back
Top Bottom