identify these

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrp1588

Aquarium Advice Addict
well, I got some plants from czcz a while back, and stupid me can only remember what a few of them are called. lol. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• plant_669.jpg
    plant_669.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 45
  • plant2_728.jpg
    plant2_728.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 38
The first one is Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig' and will turn red in certain conditions.

The second one looks blurry, but it could be the same as the one I got from the LFS that was hurtin (Rotala)

Wizard of Ozz is definitely correct about number one. Number two is a bit blurry to be sure of, but my guess would Rotala wallichii. It is a hard one to grow properly without very good water conditions.

well, that would make sense as it isn't doing very well. I tried to get a better picture, but i think the tiny, fuzzy leaves are confusing my camera's auto focus. lol. there is another plant here that I need identified, but it won't let me post the picture, something about reaching my 2mb upload quota...

2nd is Mayaca fluviatilis. I cant get it to look great or take a nice pic either :) I traded for the first as H. polysperma 'Sunset,' and believe everyone is correct and proper when calling it 'Rosanervig.' Good job, man. Love your tank shots as well.

thanks a lot, hopefully now that I have everything nice and pruned back the Mayaca fluviatilis will start growing better. hehe. I suppose I'll have to make another thread to get the other plant identified as it won't let me post another picture on here.

Back
Top Bottom