LED Lights recommendation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RUBE31

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im look for a good LED light able to grow low to high light plants on a 75 gallon aquarium. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Low to high light is a broaadddd spectrum.. need more details, dosing daily ferts? Co2??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Something that will grow Anubias as well as dwarf baby tears. For now im using flourish root tabs and liquid. API Co2 booster (till i get a Co2 setup). Right now its a low tech low lights. I have crypts, anubias, java moss and fern and starougyn repens. I have a Fluval P48 (which sucks! but it was free) and a Current Freshwater plus that i dont use because its not even powerful enough for my plants now.

P.S. i will be doing dry ferts when i upgrade to high tech.

Current satellite plus pro will cut it.. build my led would be best. Exotic eseries will be good too.. check out Thumper828 ' s tank..

Im honestly afraid to buy a plus pro after the major let down that the freshwater plus was.

Im honestly afraid to buy a plus pro after the major let down that the freshwater plus was.

Any research would.have led you to the fact that the plus is only really effective on shallow tanks as it produces low par.. i had great results with 2 on a 16 " tall tank.. the pro is 3x as strong and will be pushing close to 60 par on your tank.. it's dimmable so you can ease up the power. The plus was probably pushing 10 par on your tank is that helps..

I called them (Current Usa) and read other forums and reviews and both said it would be fine. I have one on my wifes 20 gallon and its awesome, for s**ts and giggle i threw in some dwarf baby tears and theyve actually been doing good. Theyre not carpeting but theyre not dead.....yet. I think im going to sell both lights and go with a plus pro. Thumper828 has a great tank but the lights he has are from the same company if im not mistaken.

Yep, ecoexotic eseries.. predates the pro a bit but basically the same thing..

Back
Top Bottom