Lighting recommendation for 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GallonsOfFun

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can anyone recommend lighting (preferably LED) for a 10 gallon that they've had success growing plants with?

Or something that's widely accepted as good quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I grew the heck out of some wisteria and vals under an LED that came as stock with my 16g tank.... also grew a ton of algae.

In my 5 gallon, I replaced the stock bulb with the equivalent led and the plant in there is doing just fine.... nothing too fancy mind you, but fine for the betta that lives there. I have to keep trimming the water sprite or else it restricts the water flow....

Can anyone recommend lighting (preferably LED) for a 10 gallon that they've had success growing plants with?

Or something that's widely accepted as good quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Any cheap eBay/Amazon fixture will work fine in a 10g I'd advise getting one with a dimmer so u have abit of adjustment [emoji106]

I've had good luck with the Finnex 24/7 . Then again I'm only growing Staurogyne Repens and Alternanthera Reinecki. But they grow great w/no Algae problems.

Yeah look for one of those goose neck LED plant lights. Gooseneck is nice because it allows you lots of adjustment options for a smaller tank. Adjusting the height of your light is necessary to dial in the proper intnesity

Make sure the light offers solid spectrum in the blue and red range

These 4 peaks show here are the spectrum wavelengths you want represented in your light. DOesn't have to be exact just want something that provides the blues and reds

img_3453539_0_7dd72bef6bdf7ea49a38552026fffca0.jpg

img_3453539_1_fddba4496b097dc86aa8af7776c43cb0.gif

Back
Top Bottom