Mini fountain pond inquiry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tate

Aquarium Advice FINatic
9a2u7y8a.jpg
asydesav.jpg
7uju9uhu.jpg
Could I make this fountain into a mini pond? Found it in neighbors backyard who abandoned it and was wondering. One of the problems being that the pump would suck the substrate into it... Is this in any way possible?

Wow that looks amazing... And I think dirt might get stuck in the pump =\ but you can always jest try it out!

It certainly is an interesting feature! Do you have any idea on the gallon capacity? Does it have a separate filter or just a pump?

No substrate but there are certainly a variety of pond (floating and submerged) plants and marginal plants that could be used in this setup depending on the locale where you reside (temperate, seasonal, or something more ominous).

Stocking options would depend on your climate as well as the gallon capacity and filtration setup you have. Some more info will help! :)

Well I live in florida so doesn't get cold at all and where should I position it? How many hours of sun and shade? I will test the gallon capacity tomorrow

I agree with no substrate and floating and/or submerged plants. Perhaps a few small fish for mosquito control (Mosquitos fish, guppies). But I would check out the pump when you are checking out the water feature volume and for any leaks.

Pump works I thought there was some leakage so I left water in there overnight and its still all in there so I guess its okay. Should I seal the plastic just in case?

Autumn, could you send a picture or link of the trash can filters?

The fountain holds exactly 3 gallons and turns out there is some leakage towards the top so what could I use to seal it?

You can seal it with aquarium grade silicone. If you purchase it from a hardware store, be sure that it contains no mold inhibitors or other similar substances. Preferably something that says "Safe for aquariums".

I read a bunch of info on them from the internet and here and just made one. I will look for it, but i am having tank issues now and have to go to work, it was in Pond section, you might be able to search here on AA before I can get home very late tonight.

Obviously you can have a huge amount of water, even though it is a 3 gallon holding space and depending on your location, you can hide it under a deck behind some bushes or lattice box.

I used JB Weld Marine, you can google it. You would patch it from the back or non visible side, fish were fine.

Back
Top Bottom