My new aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone! I just wanted to share some pictures of my new aquascape as well as ask a few questions. Pictures are of my planted 29 gallon tank that currently houses 4 dwarf neon rainbows. My plan is to move the rainbows to another tank and add some orange rili or orange shrimp, and a large shcool of chili rasboras.

Tank has a dual t5 no 6700k lamp, no co2 and only root tabs. One fluval c3 and one ac30. Plants are: Amazon swords, red melon swords, green wendtii, red cryptocoryn, anubias nana, marimo balls, and bronze cryptocoryn.

I am looking for some suggestions for floating plants that would not take over the top of the tank and just provide enough shade for the rasboras without blocking all of the light for my other plants.

Thanks in advance everyone.
:fish1:

20140903_184216.jpg

20140903_184225.jpg

20140903_184229.jpg

20140903_184240.jpg

I like it! I love the stones. My wife said she wanted some big stones in my tank, but I refuse to buy them at the store.

What is that cool little plant right out in front?

I like it! I love the stones. My wife said she wanted some big stones in my tank, but I refuse to buy them at the store.

What is that cool little plant right out in front?

I think you are looking at the red melon sword. I don't know which stones you are talking about since I don't have any in there. Are you talking about my substrate, the moss balls?

It looks good. I like the idea and layout. It could do with some stem plants though. Some sort of carpeting plant would also be a nice touch.

Oh and be careful with having those swords symmetrical like that. You don't need to move them or anything just remember that to look as natural as possible they shouldn't be directly opposite eachother. It's not a big deal the way it is now though.

Back
Top Bottom