Plant ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blacksteel

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey I just bought an aquarium off CL and it came with this floating plant and the guy didn't tell me what plant it was.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image-2455822260.jpg
    image-2455822260.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 97
  • image-3546914570.jpg
    image-3546914570.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 87
  • image-1049494049.jpg
    image-1049494049.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 85
My guess is rotala indica, which as far as I know is the same thing as rotala rotundifolia, someone please correct me if I'mm wrong. Google that and see if it matches.

Hmm well I looked up some pics and I'm not totally sure yet. It could be however there is no color to the plant, just green, which is probably due to the low light the previous owner had. However there doesn't seem to be individual stems like the R. Indica had, it just seems to be in a big clump.

Well it could also be anachris. But the stem in the middle looks too thin and the leaves are so far spread apart. I guess ill just put it under some higher light and see if that makes it clearer. Thanks for the help.

Could also possibly be guppy grass? Or star grass?

Rotala is green in low light.

No you were definitely closer with anachris or R. Indica. There are definitely leaves and not blades like grass on the stem. I was looking to see if I could find any roots and I couldn't.

Back
Top Bottom