Plant ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gfink

Aquarium Advice Freak
I picked up this stem plant at my LFS. No idea what it is, and browsing around plantgeek.net didn't turn up any similar pictures. (the round leafed stem plant in the center of the photo)

Any ideas?

Attachments

• img_0684__small__381.jpg
    img_0684__small__381.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 21
no problem hows that plant working for you, i heard that lonewolf had hard time keeping his read even under 9 w/g ima buy some when my lfs gets a good shipment today they didnt have any really

if its ludwigia repens, it should grow fine under 2wpg of CF or higher, and CO2 injection. it'll also redden up a little.

nitrous said:
no problem hows that plant working for you, i heard that lonewolf had hard time keeping his read even under 9 w/g ima buy some when my lfs gets a good shipment today they didnt have any really

I would try keeping it in lower lighting. In high light, mine just turns green. But now in my 26G, I have my 65W CF and only the upper portions of the plant are green and the lower half of the plant is red. The upper portion still has some red mixed in with the green.

As for my 75G, under very high lights, the complete plant turned green. I took a couple stems from the 26G and put them in the 75G, and within a couple days, lost their red as well. Turned green. So maybe I have too much light for them to stay red?

Back
Top Bottom