Plant Updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kerrinne

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have not posted regarding the status of the plants I got a couple months ago. I wanted to give them time to acclimate to my tanks and lighting before I reported their growth, because I remember reading here that a plant could thrive for a while after getting it before showing signs of trouble.

My Chainsword - narrow leaf. It said it needed sandy soil. I didn't know this until after I bought it. However, this plant is mega thriving in my betta tank and my glowlight tetra tank. I have so many babies spawning from my one planting of this that I have filled both tanks with it, and the babies are now making babies!

My melon sword is in the 10 gal. My snails love to climb on it (haven't noticed them eating it, but I feed the snails wafers), and then fall from the big leaves. I think they believe it is some sort of amusement park ride. It has grown so tall that part of the leaves are coming out of the tank. I'm going to have to move this one into my 75 gal once it's established else it will grow right out of my 10 gal at the rate it's going.

My java fern - no growth - no death - no change in color. It is still green. The roots are finally starting to wrap around stuff (gravel and the little decoration it's tied to so the roots aren't buried. I don't know what to do to help it grow more. Using flourish and something else (I'm at work and don't recall offhand) to fertilize. It's in my tetra 3 gal tank with flourescent lighting.

My anacharis. OMG This is like a weed. Every time I turn around this stuff has a new offshoot growing on it. Brilliant green...I mean BRILLIANT green. I just can't keep this stuff in the gravel!! It is aggrevating to come home to find it stuck in my filter, floating all around, or smacking my fish in the face as it blows around free. Any ideas on how to better keep this stuff anchored? I love the color it adds to my tank...fabulous.

Way to go. I have plants like that, cant get them to stop growing lol. Sounds like a nice couple of set ups you have.

Back
Top Bottom