post a pic of your planted tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only moving about a mile down the road, so it shouldn't be too bad....a 2 gallon, a 10 gallon FOWLR and the 55. It's gonna be a fun day! Tanks are going last so I can figure out where I want them as it's easier to rearrange the furniture.

u can repost and compare

You heard the man, post post!

ok ok.......I don't have a very impresive pic to post but I figure what the hell.

I had a problem [leak] with new manifold and needle valves that went undetected for too long and my glosso went south.
It just got real long and started to rot.
Anyway I think I could have salvaged it but I've been really kind of unhappy with how it look now for a while. (just to high)

So........I pulled alot of it up.......now my forground looks like crap but the CO2 problem is fixed and I actually have more light now then when the glosso first filled in so I expect it to fill in fairly quickly and even lower than it was before.

OK.....enuf of my
blahblah.gif

Here's the pics:
You can even see the PVC pipe in the middle now.
After I pulled the glosso up it's very noticable how the eco settled.
I got another bag .......just have to get off my arse and put it in.
glosso-trim.jpg

The hydro is lookin nice and red though:

hydro.jpg

Well, I haven't dialed in the settings on my camera yet, but here is one of my newly (3 weeks old) planted tank. Details in the sig.

Regards,

Gary

Attachments

• aquarium-002med_142.jpg
    aquarium-002med_142.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 30
I really like how you've scaped that Gary........it's refreshingly different

Thanks! It remains to be seen how the rockpile will pan out. I have already had to remove a few rocks until I could find my blue gourami, which had gotten stuck in a mini cave! I am hoping that as the fish get more used to the tank, that they will stay out of the tight spots.

Regards,

Gary

Thanks Sudz! Well, since the second light is a 50/50 Daylight/Actinic, only 45W's of the light count to the equation, as I understand it. This would make my tank around 140W per 90 Gal, or 1.55WPG.

BTW, the background is just the plain old photo type. It is adheared with vegetable oil.

Regards,

Gary

Vegitable oil?!? Is that so the picture shows through?
Does it ever start smelling punky after a while?
I'll have to remember that. I've noticed when the water gets to the picture, it sticks and shows through much clearer than just dry(taped) on. I love learning tips and tricks!

Well, I am usually guilty of posting up too many pictures... Just the same, thought it would be worth throwing in a few of the latest pics of my tank. It is growing out nicely now. Too fast really, but I am happy with that for now :)

Every morning the water is crystal clear and when I get home from work it is pearling as if I just did a PWC (well almost)...

(BTW, PWC day is Saturday and these pics are mostly from minutes ago (Wednesday), with a few from Monday and Tuesday)

DSC08127.JPG

DSC08081.JPG

DSC08130.JPG

DSC07989.JPG

DSC08072.JPG

DSC07936.JPG

Here is a pic of my tank...Go easy I am just starting it.
The plants have just started to realise Oxygen.

Attachments

• my_tank_207.jpg
    my_tank_207.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 39
farma said:
Here is a pic of my tank...Go easy I am just starting it.
The plants have just started to realise Oxygen.

That looks great. It looks a lot better then mine did when I first started it. :lol:

Good going.

just planted

Okay I just got mine planted on Tuesday night but I'll post the pics here. I'm sure that given a month or two I'll see a dramatic difference. The waters still a bit cloudy in this one due to rooting around and planting.

Attachments

• full_view2_118.jpg
    full_view2_118.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 30
  • anubia_910.jpg
    anubia_910.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 25
  • newly_planted_850.jpg
    newly_planted_850.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 26
125gal
7 clown loaches
5 bosemani rainbows
1 royal panaque
15 rummy nose
1 spotted raphael
1 CAE

planted with java fern, java moss., anubias, crypts
about 70lbs of drift wood
48in 110watt CF light hung in the center of 72inch tank
Pro Clear Aquatics Model 200 wet/dry -pushing 980gph
and a Penguin 350 HOB

Attachments

• img_0013_copy_178.jpg
    img_0013_copy_178.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 58
Here's some of mine I took today
img_738841_0_82588ab3f86d98515339c2990930b4db.jpg

img_738841_1_79f3368ffeff06cfb09ee29837daacd5.jpg

img_738841_2_21aa93dfdce6eb0d0bed40eb6e6829be.jpg

The pics are ok because I forgot what settings I used to take tank pictures last time.

Some of these tanks are amazing, I don't understand it. How do I get my tank from where it is now to someone’s like dapellegrinis tank?

Obviously there are more plants but I just don't really comprehend how to get it there.

It takes time exactionfigure. From the looks of your tank, you are on the right track!

I have been lurking on this post since it's inception, but just realized I never posted my tank.

Anyway, I have only been at this for one year, and have learned a lot about plants in the process. I will post my tank even though it is not in the same caliber as most of you.

I will have to change the background, as it may look like there are more plants in there than there are actually

"Sunset hygro - the new weed!"

Attachments

• tank_11-27-06_736.jpg
    tank_11-27-06_736.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom