post a pic of your planted tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks good bman.
Every weed should look as good as sunset hygro huh.

Here's my tank after the move...needs a little time to grow in:
P1030020.JPG

that looks awesome newfound. how did the plants take the move? that runner coming off your sword is amazing!

lookin good wolf. much nicer since the algea cleared. do u have a pic from farther away? i would like to see clear shot of the whole thing.

I've been posting the progress of this in the showoff section, but here it is again for posterity. I'm having problems with the ambulia for some reason, but otherwise everything's thriving.

50gal tank, 1.5wpg, dosing Flourish and KCl weekly (just started). Inhabitants at the moment are a bunch of danios and 2 bns. Tank has been set up for a couple of months, but my boyfriend is convinced we need to add plants slowly (and stop fiddling with it!) *pout* So it's not fully planted yet.

Attachments

• p1030335a_117.jpg
    p1030335a_117.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 61
Mr. Funk, the plants took the move just fine, but the fish weren't as happy, I lost three (2 loaches and an SAE). The sword is actually sending out another runner but since the replanting has slowed down it's growth, I gave it a good root trim so the plant is probably directing growth there now. Waiting for some root tabs to arrive to give the big plants a boost.

LWB the tank looks great....once the foreground (E triandra, I think?) gets those last couple inches over to the left you'll be all set!

zenkatydid I love that piece of driftwood.....it's amazing! It'll look great once the plants fill in around it. the 50 gallon tanks are a really nice shape and size for 'scaping.

Actually, I have to fix that. That's where I pulled a Wisteria plant from, lol. No E. tiandra there at the moment. lol

i thought i'd throw my newly planted tank into the thread :D i just started out for the first time in aquatics, so hope its upto standards :)

Ant

Attachments

• tank1_730.jpg
    tank1_730.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 34
Ant0ni081 said:
i thought i'd throw my newly planted tank into the thread :D i just started out for the first time in aquatics, so hope its upto standards :)

Ant

It certainly is......welcome to AA Ant. And welcome to a wonderfully addictive hobby. How long has it been setup?
I like that driftwood.......kinda looks like a dragons head on the left.

its been set up for about two weeks now. Unfortunately the plant got a bit battered in the post and stressed out. So i given them a nice feeding in the form of Tetra PlantaMin. So hopefully they pic up soon. My tiger lilly is already sending out numerous pure white roots down into the sand. So i know they're well on their way to establishing well.

Yea my lady also said that it looked like a dragon this morning too lol :D Its made up of two T-like pieces locked together. i like it :) i'll have to take a close up shot as i have a banana plant sitting in a strategic position :)

Ant

Attachments

• dragon1_102.jpg
    dragon1_102.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 17
Hey zenkatydid,

What kind of wood is that in your tank? It looks incredible! Where did you get it?

I was browsing this thread, and once again...such very nice tanks are shown.
It has been a while since I updated any of my tanks here. The shots of my 72, are very old. I will probably won't show any real pics of that tank for a while. It has (once again) undergone a major transformation. Once it fills in a bit, and the new driftwood stops leaching so many tannins..... lol

But, I also noticed I had not shown any shots of my nano for a while. To put it simply, the nano tank is extremely hard to keep algae free. It really has too much light (52watts CF over 8 gallons). I have bought some different fixtures for it, but I have not had the time to do the work. The tank has its moments though. It has so much light (even at 10hrs per day) that all nutrients get sucked out of the water every day. To even have a chance to keep the algae under control it takes daily micros (morning) and daily macros (evening). Bleh, too much work.
So I set it up with an auto doser for Macros. I am using the "aqualifer" pump and a 2 liter bottle for my simple DIY doser setup. Prior to setting this up, and even after while I figured the right concentration for the macro solution. The tank had become an algae farm... BGA, BBA, Clado, GSA, BSA, RSA, Green Fuzz, Staghorn, in fact every algae I have ever seen was in this tank at once. Now, I am no longer afraid of algae as even though I deal with them all, they are easy to get rid of by simply keeping up on ferts, CO2, and water changes.
So this tank is on the backside of an algae attack, you will see plenty of algae in the pics. That is way less than even a week ago, and in 3 weeks it will all be gone (I am certain). even with algae I still like this tank a lot... it certainly keeps my interest.

Here is the whole tank as it is today:
Nano_whole_12-06.jpg

Here are some fish that were newly discovered earlier this year. They are sure to be very popular as they become more available. Microrasbora "galaxy". My photography skills come no where close to showing the color and beauty of these little fish in person...they sparkle.
The smaller fish are Exclamation point rasboras..that is as big as they get. The !!!! rasboras were only added yesterday and have not colored up like the ones I have in another tank.
Nano-M_Galaxy_1.jpg

Here is a nice shot of the Boraras uropthalmoides (Exclamation point, or Sparrow rasbora). It is also a fine shot of several kinds of algae (BBA, GSA, RSA). You can see the diffuser/outflow setup on this tank. This gives me nice mist CO2 throughout the tank. This is really as big as they get. I have some from a month ago in another tank. Once they color up they are bright orange with a blackstripe, the black stripe has blue/green sparkles.
Nano-exclamationpoint-1.jpg

Here is one of my favorite fish Botia sidthemunki (Dwarf Chaim Loach). At 1.5" they are full grown and fierce snail eaters.... all the fun of a loach in a tiny (and expensive) package. They are considered a threatened species because they only come from one little mud hole and the nearby village is growing. Btw, the plant to the right of the loach is Lilaeopsis macloviana. It is from Tropica, but I am not sure how it got in this country... hehe. I am sure I just "found" it laying around in a local park or something...wink wink
Nano_Chainloach.jpg

Speaking of new Tropica plants here is a little clump of the Utriculara graminifolia. Once again my memory is vague on how it came into my possession. ;-) See the little "bladders" for catching small animals. It also features some clado around the bottom.
Nano-u-graminifolia-1.jpg

So a nano tank, that is an algae farm needs what? well a nano pleco of course. My growout tank in the garage has my mated pair of B-nose plecos...and like a hundred baby plecos. This little guy is a temporary resident of the tank of course, but man are baby plecos voracious. The ones in this tank have doubled in size in two weeks.
Nano_b-nose-pleco-1.jpg

He sure does blend in:
Nano_b-nose-pleco-2.jpg

I switched to super macro for this one. A perfect miniature of the adult.
Nano_b-nose-pleco-3.jpg

And finally, the real star of this tank. All the personality of a big Cichlid or Gouramisin a 1" red, white, and blue package (the true American flag fish? heh)...well actually "Nemo" is a Dario Dario (Scarlet badis). A true gem of a fish. He is a picky eater, and is eyeing a freeze dried bloodworm. Man was I happy when I finally got him off of live food only. This is also a nice shot of an Alternanthera reinecki, and some fine green fuzz algae.
Nano-Dario-12-06-1.jpg

Zezmo -- Wow.... I am always taken by your choices in fish and plants. Is there an old thread around here somewhere with pics of all your setups (even if they are outdated)?

I need another tank.

Beautiful pictures! You have some really awesome fish Zesmo. Scarlet Badis are such cute little fish. I wish I could find them locally. ;)

Im a huge fan of the dario dario, i have 2 in my 12 gallon eclipse. Im going to post some pics of them soon but here are a couple of my tanks. Absolutely nothing compaire to all of the other tanks in this thread, but i like em!

my_tank_s_007.jpg
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/data/543/my_tank_s_006.jpg
my_tank_s_003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom