question about future fishes in my planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raimeiken

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm going to be starting the planted tank in about a week. my bro didn't want my 2 clown loaches in his tank so i'm going to move them to my tank. Are they gonna destroy the plants or uproot them? anyway, I'm going to put puffers in the tank [probably peruvians] will they get along with the loaches or Blood parrots?

I have 5 currently. My tank is fairly new and the plants aren't rooted well yet.. But the loaches haven't dug any up.

Puffers should only be kept with puffers.

Often puffers don't even get along with other puffers!

I have heard of clown loaches uprooting plants, so it maybe if you keep open areas for them to root around in they will not do too much damage. Is this a large tank?

yeah i've heard that many times, but i've seen people putting puffers in their cichlid community tank. anyway, the loaches won't eat the plants right? I think the BP's are aggresssive enough to hold their own against teh puffers, and the peruvians are the most peaceful of all the FW puffers. I'm going to take the risk :mrgreen:

Yep, I have definitely heard of puffers in community tanks with well-chosen companions. Pufferpunk is a great resource for all things puffer, so she might have some suggestions for you.

Let us know what you get, and how it goes!

too bad i don't have a digi cam, but i'll try and install my bro's webcam on my comp in my room so i can take pics of the tank when it's up and ready.

Back
Top Bottom