Staurogyne Repens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a fairly squat plant by nature, and branches fairly heavily. All you really need it to plant the stems fairly close together and let it grow in.

Like all carpets, you'll want decent light and CO2 to see good, healthy growth. To my knowledge, S. Repens is a bit more low light tolerant than some carpeting species, but will still need good conditions to grow into a carpet. Tom Barr's tanks run fat on the CO2 and ferts but with medium-medium high light, plus
aquasoil and other amenities, which lends to his success with it.

It's a fairly squat plant by nature, and branches fairly heavily. All you really need it to plant the stems fairly close together and let it grow in.

Like all carpets, you'll want decent light and CO2 to see good, healthy growth. To my knowledge, S. Repens is a bit more low light tolerant than some carpeting species, but will still need good conditions to grow into a carpet. Tom Barr's tanks run fat on the CO2 and ferts but with medium-medium high light, plus
aquasoil and other amenities, which lends to his success with it.

Tom's got the touch all right :) The lower the light the leggier it will get.
Mowing it down on a regular basis is also recommended by Tom.

How to trim & replant Staurogyne Repens?

Hi speed tank trimming :)
plant trimming - YouTube

trimming Hairgrass, but same concept
Trimming Hair Grass (eleocharis acicularis) ADA 60P - YouTube

Glosso trim
Hakkai Iwagumi Challenge Update 1 - YouTube

Thank you :) I'm going to grow the plant a bit bigger before I start the carpet, just encase I kill it lol. I don't want to use Co2 on such a small tank, so i guess its just the case of waiting for it to grow lol

Back
Top Bottom