This is my first High Light Tank after a Month

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sherry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
96 watts per gallon
eco complete
20" acrylic cube.

still using excel. plan to add injected co2.

no algae to speak of.. but I have a bunch of snails and shrimp as a clean up crew so I might not notice much of anything to start anyway.

Before this I had a 12 gallon low light tank which I've torn down.

Attachments

• tank-dec.-2005.jpg
    tank-dec.-2005.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 88
Sorry that is 96 watts cf

I was typing while my almost four year old was dancing with holiday toy bliss and got distracted :)

wow sherry--what a fab photo! it's grown so much in just a week or so! my lord! where DID you get that ludwigia :)

the tank looks GORGEOUS!

sherry, you've got a load of plants that will quickly outgrow your small tank.. They look good now, but you will soon find yourself with monsters that want more. That curly looking plant in the front is an Aponogeton that will grow so fast (it already looks comfy) that you will have a hard time keeping it from shading your other plants.

The fern (Ceratopteris spp.) that you have on the right side will also remain incredibly healthy until it chokes out all of your other plants. Be careful, you have obviously shown you know how to keep healthy aquatic plants, but they may get healthier than you wish :wink:

Congrats, you have a green aquatic thumb, but unforutnately, it is too green. You either need a bigger tank or smaller plants. Trust me on this one.

I've been a little worried about what was going to happen when I turned on the Co2 here.

Ceratopteris is actually a daughter of the cutting you gave Cat.. and I saw how much she has now in her tank.

A larger tank, tho coveted, isn't about to happen in my tiny apartment.. so I guess I need advice about plants that should stay/go/be replaced with.

TRavis.. right now I have a c02 system not plugged in (or filled) and have been using excel.. do you htink I should change plants or NOT turn on the co2?

I LOVE all of your tanks and wouild deeply appreciate guidance.

Back
Top Bottom