What can i do wih this 5 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cash Turtle

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 5 gallon that picked up at the salvation army for $5 it came with a hood and a 14watt bulb and one of those plastic corner filters that runs off an air pump.
I can buy a heater and I can replace the filter with a HOB.

I would like 2 keep 3 guppies in it with plants. I invision a nice peice of drift wood with moss on it and some small grassy plants what i have are some dieing bananas, a bunch on anacharis a few leaves of duckweed that came in on my anacharis that im trying to probigate for my turtle

with a 14 watt on 5 gallon am i looking at low light medium light plants?
how many watts per gallon can I have before I need to add co2?

what can i do for my bananas? i got them free with my anacharis and dont know to much about them so maybe i can make a tank just for them so they dont die.

yup i have no idea what im doing there just seems to be so many options for that little 5 gallon.
any ideas?

I'd say medium light. Low light plants will do well too. Anything over 2w/g would need either CO2 or Flourish Excel for the carbon source. But since you have anacharis, I think that would rule out the Excel, as I think that's the plant that doesn't do good with it.

3wpg in a 5G tank does not necessarily require CO2 (at least from what I've heard). I like the idea of using Excel though. Consider DIY CO2 (read the stickies - it's easy :) ).

Back
Top Bottom