What will eat dead plant leaves?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suprdave

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Between the several species of plants I have in my tank, small needles and leaves tend to get broken off every once in a while.

What can I get that will eat the leaves off of the bottom of the tank? For bottom feeders my tank has two malaysian trumpet snails in it, and I also have two cory's, however neither are doing a spectacular job.

Yes I know that but it's a pain, and I have sand substrate. Was hoping for something more along the natural route that would just eat the dead vegetation for me. =)

well... you should be vacuuming weekly anyway, so just suck the dead stuff off the surface of the sand bed when you do your PWC :)

Malaysian trumpet snails do a good job for me, but the leaves have to be decaying pretty much. I don't know of anything that will eat any plant matter right ater it breaks off of a plant. Well there are, but they'll also eat your whole plant too.

I'm guessing a gravel vac is the best option as well.

ghost shrimp are great cleaners,and will eat pretty much anything.possibly including your MTS...depending on teh size of your tank and the fish in it a craysish would be good,but a lot of them will eat smaller fish.

Back
Top Bottom