Wisteria issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack.m

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This may be just an issue I'm having, but I'm my tanks it appears that wisteria is a super magnet for algae. Has anybody else noticed this?

I may just stop using it

What lights and ferts are you using?
CO2?
Tank size?
Chemistry?

"I may just stop using it"

What is it?

"It" meaning wisteria. I use Finnex FUGEray Planted+ for lighting, run a pressurized co2 system. Water check gets done Wednesdays. Last check. Ph 7.2, nitrites, nitrates, and ammonia at 0

ahh,

what ferts are you using?

How long are you keeping the lights on?

How is the growth of the plant itself?

Plants growing like crazy. I use flourish, and flourish excel. Lights on 9 hours

Just trimmed it 2 days ago but if it happens again, I'll post one

Hey Jack,

Sorry for all the questions, I am trying to get an idea of what the cause could be. A picture would help determine the type of algae you have.

Algae typically can be caused by too much light, over feeding and/or high phosphates.

Ways to combat with great results: The first two are self explanatory, reduce light, feed less ( every 2-3 days ) test your water for phosphates ( tap and tank )

Do you have any otos? or other algae eaters?

Another thing is to add more plants to starve out the algae.

I had the bg algae and made the above changes and now I need to feed the algae eaters cucumbers or they would starve.

I hope some of these tips will help. There is no exact fix, typically it's a combo of the above mentioned.

I know the causes of it and all that and my tank has more than enough plants. The algae is only on the wisteria

funny,

In reading your posts to your issue, you come across quite terse. Ironic you are asking for help but come across less than appreciative for someone taking time to help you.

You appear to know the cause of the algae, but do not state what you are doing about it.

You might want to check how you come across, I would imagine more people would want to help solve your problem for you.

Hope you get your problems addressed.....

I do appreciate. Just don't have the time to be going on here all the time to check replies. I have work, I run an exotic pet rescue out of my house, and have job applications to work on. And this thread wasn't all about how to prevent algae and how it's caused and all that. I was simply asking if anybody else noticed that there wisteria harbors algae better than other plants. That being said, thanks for the help, and don't make assumptions about people if you don't know them

Jack,

We all are busy. your work is commendable. I to am busy.

I am Director of Clinical Medicine of my own pain clinic, I practice Physical Medicine. My patient load is more than you might be able to imagine.

When I comes to busy, I can tell you all about busy.

Remember the assumptions part of your last email.......

Never made an assumption. I did not assume you are not busy. I just stated my situation and that was all. I'm unsubscribing from this post now. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom