yellow water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medic747

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 10 gal planted with 4 guppies and my water has turned yellow I have 4 anubias plants and a piece of driftwood how can I clear re water up?

Make sure u don't remove any of your beneficial bacteria... Just squeeze carbon filters in with the old ones

Right ill just put some in a media bag and hang it in the filter and can this yellow water stain my glass

I don't think it stains and I don't think carbon helps. Pwc will remove some but if the dw keeps leaching out it will take a while for clear water to return. Id say remove the wood and boil it then soak it for a few weeks to ensure it won't happen again. Good luck.

The yellow water is actually called "black water" and some people actually strive for these conditions, as its the water most fish (specifically river speecies) are used to in nature. It won't stain your glass or hurt your fish, pwc will clear it up, ac won't do too much, if you really dislike it, pwc's , and boil that dw.

Back
Top Bottom