New livestock from Marine Depot, some questions though!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdjxt39

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys I ordered some fish from Marine Depot Live and received them yesterday, I acclimated them for 2 hours using the drip method. After they were in the tank though I had to run to class so I didn't get a chance to give them a full look over.

However, when I woke up this morning I went to go check them out and I noticed there was some kind of white mark on my flame angel. It is right on one of his gills and is very small. I am unsure if this is a scratch or if it is some kind of parasite forming. I tried grabbing a photo but between the mark being so small and the fish not wanting to stay still for a photo op I kind of only have a really crappy photo.

So I was wondering do you guys think I should call marine depot on Monday and tell them about it? Also how can I tell if it is just a scratch or a parasite/disease that is starting?

Next is my Helfrich Firefish, nothing wrong with him physically...he is just perfect :D . However, I was wondering if it is abnormal behavior for this species to be often hiding under a rock or chilling on the sand bed?

*Edit: Got some better shots of the mark on the angel*

Attachments

• flame_133.jpg
    flame_133.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 25
  • firefish_625.jpg
    firefish_625.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 48
  • flame_100.jpg
    flame_100.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 19
  • flame2_107.jpg
    flame2_107.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 20
I would contact them and let them know whats going on with the angel just in case something does happen to happen. Hopefully nothing will come of it though. It looks like some kind of scratch to me. As far as your firefish goes, I think its probably getting used to your tank. Give it a week or so to get used to your tank. He should be fine. It looks really healthy IMO.

Back
Top Bottom