Salt on Fish's skin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duncantse

Aquarium Advice Regular
heelllp!! I did not aerate the salt while mixing then I just poured it in my tank. Now the salt is stuck on the fish's skin. THey will disappear at night but reappear back in the morning. What should I do? WIll this problem go away?

You burnt the fish.... depending on the kind of salt you are using you should circulate and aerate for at least 3-4 hours. But now, for your fish, not much you can do. Just keep an eye on them and hope for the best. What kind of fish did you burn?

They should be ok, depending on what kind. Dont say a tang please lol

Dont have tang so no worries. My damselfish has about 20 all over its body and my clownfish has about 5 spots around the mouth.
Why do they appear in the morning and disappear at night?
Currently using Red Sea Coral PRo

good call

none of those links work when you click on them, right click and open in new tab/window

No, I'm pretty sure they are not ich. RIght now, all the spots disappeared and they have been eating agressively.

Keep a real close eye out as ich will stay on the fish a day or two and then it will falloff to the substrate and over two hundred little ones called tomites will come from each one and the cycle continues. I personally still think you have ich.

i believe it's ich too, but when mixing salt, try to do so in a separate container and put an air stone or power head in it overnight.

Back
Top Bottom