Stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puffernut

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 90 gallon with 1 Ceylon puffer, 1 coral beauty, 1 clownfish, and 3 chromis. Can i add any more fish to this tank? If so i need suggestion please.

You are not overstocked. Wrasses, fast moving tangs, rabbitfish, hawkfish, etc. Almost anything that can stay out of the puffers way ;)

I dont think it is overstocked either. Maybe a yellow tang would be nice. A yellow eyed Kole tang instead if you dont like the yellow.

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
I do not think you are "over-stocked" eaither, using the poorly designed ins/gal "rule". When thinking f adding additional livestock, it is important to consider the biological filtering capabilities of the tank. If your water parameters are well ithin noramal limits then I would say you certainly have room for another fish. I like Mike's suggestion of a yellow or kole tang.

Thanks for the welcome. Do you think a small pork puffer would be to much. I have one that is 5 " that i'm taking back to lfs friday. I would really like to keep him if it's possible.

If I put the clownfish, coral beauty, and the 3 chroims in a 55, would it be ovestocked?

Why would you want to move those fish? Moving fish from tank to tank is quite tough on the fish. Unless you have no choice, I personally would try to leave the aquarium alone as much as possible. It's tough enough trying to catch 1 let alone 4 fish. You should consider whether it's really necessary for that move. But that's my opinion.

The puffer is the only fish that would be moved, the others are in the 55 now for qt.

Back
Top Bottom