Water change schedule for a 55 gallon saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium advice master

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am starting a 55 gallon saltwater and plan to have a lot of fish what is a good water change schedule? I also need help on good food to feed them i plan to have carnivores and herbivores.

Well a general idea is 10% weekly. But it will depend on stock and equipment. A heavily stocked tank with no skimmer will need a lot larger and more frequent wc than a lightly stocked tank with a skimmer. What fish did you plan on having?

You will need a skimmer, especially if you want puffers. Triggers get to large and need more swimming room than a 55 offers. You plan on having base/live rock right?

Some good brands are ASM, Buggle Magnus, eshopps, reef octopus. You will need to figure out how much room you have in the sump

I am thinking a 20 or 30 gAllon sump and doing a diy draw wet dry filter. any protein skimmers that are cheap. Is coral life good?

Cheap and protein skimmer don't go together. Corallife are ok, not really that great. A good skimmer goes a long way

Back
Top Bottom