55 gallon tank stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwagsbsm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just set up a 55 gallon freshwater tank with seeded filtration and gravel .. I wanted to stock it around my elephant nose fish and tire track eel . I was wondering what you guys thought I should add to this tank.. Personally I was thinking a school of panda cories and maybe a school of some kind of tetras .. I would love to know your suggestions

Hi, I've successfully kept my elephant nose for over two years and have found they only do well in species only tanks. I started out with other fish with him and when he matured he became aggressive to everything, i rehomed a full community. When I bought him i was prepared for this to happen as i knew this was going to be a one fish one tank scenario. Mine won't even accept large snails which he end's up killing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I've noticed my snail infestation problem has gone done significantly lol.. Have you had any experience in keeping 3 or more elephant nose fish ? My elephant nose is still only about 6 inches and he's not very aggressive yet but I would assume he will

Yep I've kept more than him together and it didn't work. A 55 is only big enough for one, mine is nearly 9 inches and has a 3 inch depth so I'm thinking of upgrading his tank soon as he's going to need it.

I appreciate the honesty looks like the lfs sold me a tank buster.. It is a very cool looking fish but i need to reconsider his habitat

I appreciate the honesty looks like the lfs sold me a tank buster.. It is a very cool looking fish but i need to reconsider his habitat

I'm not being mean i think highly off the species and just wish the lfs were more educated on them. All the best with your tank :)

Back
Top Bottom