Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christine22780

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am new as of this week. I have lots of questions and love hearing anything about Salt-Water Aquariums. I love the pics you all put up on your pages too!
I first started up my setup in 2003. Ive had freshwater previous to that for about 10yrs.
Ive had good hardy fish to begin with in SW and had REALLY good luck with most of them!
Heres a list of what Ive had and a comment in general or a personal exp.

3 Bk/White Damsels.....tester fish, did well, were very agressive and would not rec. them to anyone, esp. for starters...

Picaso Trigger---This one ate lots of fish and I had to give him up to trade. Had to be careful about which live rock he had in the tank w/ him b/c he did infact get stuck once.

Yellow Tang...Hate to admit but was getting those white stripes from not eating what he was suppose to, even though I gave him it and got eaten by the one above!

Korean AngelFish..Very Pretty, grew nicely.
1 Maroons Clown ......this one is NOT clown friendly!
2 Ocellaris Clown

Snowflake Eel....After 2 yrs...and moving he jumped after we set him up..he jumped through the filter, everything was sealed!!!! I was very sad

2 Niger Triggers- this is a nice fish..eats crabs & snails, though...

Sailfin Tang- very pretty, and very agressive towards smaller fish

Spotted Grouper- will eat ANYTHING he can fit in its mouth!!!!!!! Large Fish, pretty chill other than that.

Misc. crabs, including one that looked like a spider,was very strange
Snails...

I think thats about it......over the last 5 yrs.( I didnt have all of those together either.)
I am glad to be apart of this board and hope its a good experience!
Thankyou

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. I have a snowflake and worry about him jumping. Hopefully it wont

Another Salty - and with experience - you are going to hit it off great with the others addicted to Saltwater - I prefer the freshwater but at times am tempted to give salt a try. Welcome to the best site for fun - fish and fellowship :D

Back
Top Bottom