Hello from Florida!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexAutomatic

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone! I am a newbie to the saltwater tank community and very excited about my new setup. I also have lots of questions so bear with me! I have a cycled Biocube 29 with all 5 blue LEDs, 10,000K daytime, and Actinic Blue lights, all set to a timer.The LEDs are on all the time, and Actinic are on from 9am to 11:30pm. The 10,000K daytime is on from 7pm to 11:30pm. I do 20% water changes every week or two and the tank has plenty of copapods. It also what I believe to be a nice group of tank mates! Here is what is in the tank:

Corals:
(Plenty of live rock)
Pulsing Xenia
Green Zoas
Eagle Eye Zoas
Dragon Eye Zoas
Green Star Polyps
Green Button Polyps
Brown Button Polyps
Kenya Tree
Marble Mushrooms
Silver Gorgonia
Orange Tree Sponge

Fish:
Pearly Jawfish
(2) Clownfish
Firefish Goby
Scooter Blenny
Benggai Cardinalfish
(2) small seahorses

Cleaning Crew:
Peppermint Fish
6 small hermit crabs
maybe some ghost shrimp (if the horses haven't eaten them yet)

I've been having a few issues and I'm not exactly sure what is causing them.

The kenya trees were nice and open and all the sudden they are folding over. I've read that these do this from time to time and that this can even be how they spread.

Some of the zoas are closing up and losing color - too much lighting or not enough? i've read mixed reviews. Any and all advice is much appreciated.

The tank has been completely running for about a month, everything in is came from the same place. I do not know my levels yet as I have not gotten a test kit (getting one this weekend) and I've been having the water tested and changed weekly through the reef store that I got everything at.

Your pretty overstocked too, I'd rehome the scooter and the sea horses. The scooter is going to be tough to keep fed in a biocube, and the ponies are going to get out competed for food (should really be species only) and slowly starve.

Back
Top Bottom