Hello from the UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dclark

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Evening all.

First post here after an occasional few visits. Time now to get serious and start regularly posting for advice and contributing where possible.

I've had freshwater fish for as long as I can remember. When I was younger I had a circa 180l tank, mostly with guppies, neon tetras, red tail black shark. We had this for several years and prior to going to uni we let the tank run its course.

Now with my own place some years later, I've started this hobby again and started with a 23l flugelhorn edge tank. Again starting mostly with guppies, but adding in some new fish like panda Corys, glass blood fin, and gouramis. Although weirdly, I'm getting plenty of snails post planting live plants.

I've decided now to take ownership of my old tank again (parents had it, unused) so thinking how best to set up the new tank. Any ideas? I like th e idea of having guppies as they are so easy to breed although i do make it survival of the fittest to try and replicate natural conditions but I'd like to have other fish.breeding whee possible and will look to have plenty of hiding caves etc. I also have plenty of large stones taken from the beach (left to wash in rain water for several weeks now.

I'm quite keen on starting a saltwater tank but will no doubt start with freshwater anyway. And I would quite like to add a sump tank but unfortunately o can't connect that to the water mains so I believe that's not an option for now.

Well anyway, I'll keep you posted on how I get on and look forward to meeting and talking to fellow AA members.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom