Hello.... Pest Snail help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swordtails

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I'm a bit of a newbie on fishtanks. I didn't know snail eggs were on the plant. I made a diy bottle trap to remove the snails. I have a 75 gallon tank, with swordtails that I am breeding. I do not want any snails. Is there another fish who is peaceful but will kill the snails but also accept fish flakes? I noticed them this morning, and I'm not sure how to kill them.

Clown Loaches eat snails & fish flakes, they're also quite peaceful. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Thank you Soarin, I went to my LFS and they said if I have a small community. (I got 3) they should be fine.. The snails seem to only be on the right side of my tank and near the filter. How will I know if and when my tank will have less or no snails.. On another note, my swordtail just gave birth and one fry is a great hider. Do you think it will be safe... I have lack of decorations and due to the snails I removed all live plants.:fish2:

Back
Top Bottom