Hey Everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdakotakyle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello All,

My name is Kyle and I am from South Dakota as you can probably tell by my screen name. I'm a noobie to the forum as well as Salt Water Aquariums. I have had many fresh water aquariums in the past with great success but now i'm looking for something different. My mom is from the Phillippines and she is getting up there in age...can't take the long flights anymore. She misses the ocean and especially the tropical fish. My 2 boys are also obessed with Nemo. I'm going back to school to be a wildlife biologist and need a new hobby so this seemed to fit perfectly. Currently i'm in the process of gathering all the supplies and hardware I am going to need to start a 55g fowlr. I'm taking a few months here to read books and forums so I at least have some general knowledge before I start. Plus I am going to be moving and going on vacation and do not want to start before that and not be able to give the tank and it's inhabitants the proper amount of care and attention. My target start day is somewhere in the middle of June so I have time yet. I will post again tomorrow and hopefully all of you seasoned vets can give me a good idea of where I am and what I still need to purchase. Have a great day and I hope to meet many you over this journey. I'm pumped and it should be fun and educational!

Welcome to AA!
Lots of knowledgeable people here, I'm sure you'll get answers to your questions.
Good luck.

HI KYLE (waves)!

I'm glad you've decided to wait on setting it all up. Patience....is a virtue. It's something that I lack most of the time.

Wildlife biology sounds super interesting. A lot of people here are biology students..or students in general. I'm thinking of just continuing my education after medic school and getting a bio major, too. Why not?

How old are your boys?

HI KYLE (waves)!

I'm glad you've decided to wait on setting it all up. Patience....is a virtue. It's something that I lack most of the time.

Wildlife biology sounds super interesting. A lot of people here are biology students..or students in general. I'm thinking of just continuing my education after medic school and getting a bio major, too. Why not?

How old are your boys?

3 & 6

Welcome to AA!

I'm also from the Philippines but from the city (Manila) so no real body of water around me.

Tons amount of knowledge here in these forums.

Back
Top Bottom