Hi All - I am a Platy and Corys Fan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jclv

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone. I'll try to sum up here.
I am already a hobbiest for only 2 years
I like so many fish, but the most I love are Platys and Corydoras. They are my favorite. Before I entered into this amazing world, i read a lot .... I must say I self study by myself for almost 4 months, while I was also cycling my first tank. I love technology, which means I am not a lazy guy for this hobby but if I can use technology to have all my fish very happy then I will. Plus I am a system engineer, so I can't help it.
In my fish tank i only keep Platys and Corys, since I love those fish a lot. My Platys already gave me more Platys this year and since I have been on this hobby I have still not gone through any bad experience, like dead fish or sickness. I am a freak with my water parameters, maintenance and whatever goes inside my tank, which it must go through quarantine or a full cleaning before it gets to my main tank.
As I said, i am a fan of technology, and one of the best products I could found on this hobby for me was the HYDRA filter. I know many and even the most experienced guys will not agree with that, but that is how, personally, have managed to get this far without deads or not get off my parameters for a great quality water. Also, maintenance is a must for me. And of course, i do have an external canister filter as my primary. HYDRA filter will always be my best secondary support, even for any inconveniences you could have.
I also have all appliances connected to a UPS and to a WIFI remote controllers box to never go through a catastrophic situation, in case electricity is out, which it happens sometimes. That is how I managed to travel with all my family and come back to a good environment for my fish. ( I have tons of testing and rehearsals though last year before going live on this hehe)
It is the same with the fact that so many experts say that Corydoras can only live with sand or small substrate, otherwise they will be unhappy. Well, that is something I totally disagree, but in this hobby we all must respect all opinions and specially all experiences.
I use a gravel called Paracas stones, they are medium-small gravel, and my Corydoras are totally happy with that, as long as they are not sharp to them, which they are by the way so easy to move and for them to suck they food with no problems.

Anyways, currently, i have an issue with only one of my Platys, since all fish are perfectly fine. I will do a post on a different side, since it is the first time I see this behavior, but so far from what I read it might be that he is already old and might go to heaven at anytime.
I hope I can help to anyone who loves Platys and Corys like me, and support on anything needed. I am no expert on this hobby but at least I feel I didn't do it bad at all so far.

Oh by the way, i always try to use

Attachments

• IMG_20201204_182826.jpg
    IMG_20201204_182826.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 19
Oh by the way, im not the ones who love to over populate tanks. I'm always trying to give them as much space as possible, while not affecting my parameters too. Also, i have to snails.

Back
Top Bottom