hi there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smartybones

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there everyone...

Just a quick "Hi" to everyone.

I am living in the Northwest of England (Blackpool) and have just set up my tank.

I have had several aquariums in the past and never really had any issues. My last tank was back in 2003... I got rid of that tank after I lost interest when Mt stepson killed all the fish while we was on holiday. I had sorted feeding with an automatic feeder and did not give any instructions for the fish... The assumption was that he would leave it alone. I came back to a tank of 'milk' and told...' I forgot to feed the fish... So 4 days ago I fed them... I just gave them what was in that little tub....'

Turned out it was a brand new tub.....

I could have cried....

Had a nice sized red tail black shark.. Pimadellas... Hoplo... Couple of discus.... All floating...

Anyway... I had space for a smallish 100 ltr tank and have set it up...

Things have changed since then with fishless cycling etc and am looking forward to stocking it.... Don't know with what yet....

Welcome to the forum :) sorry you lost your fish :(
By the way love Blackpool!

Thanks Andrew and Shelly....

Its took me this long to get over the loss of my last tank. Most of the fish in it I had nurtured from small, very young fish to good sized healthy adult fish.

I have always wanted a marine tank but have been put off over cost and the time you need to invest... Mm maybe next year.

Blackpool is really buzzin' with the heatwave. The beach is packed out with people cooling off.... Its about 8deg cooler on the coast than it is inland....

I am heading of out to get myself an ice cream from Notarianni's.... The best ice cream shop in Blackpool and proberbly in the top 5 in the UK...

Thanks Andrew and Shelly....

Its took me this long to get over the loss of my last tank. Most of the fish in it I had nurtured from small, very young fish to good sized healthy adult fish.

I have always wanted a marine tank but have been put off over cost and the time you need to invest... Mm maybe next year.

Blackpool is really buzzin' with the heatwave. The beach is packed out with people cooling off.... Its about 8deg cooler on the coast than it is inland....

I am heading of out to get myself an ice cream from Notarianni's.... The best ice cream shop in Blackpool and proberbly in the top 5 in the UK...

I was just at blackpool last Monday and it was hot and packed! We where going to go to the beach but the tide was in. Hoping to get back in a couple of weeks.

Thank you Dan...

Are you coming up for the airshow Shelly? Its on over two days this year.. The Sunday and Monday?

Do you come up for the day or do you stay over? Me and the missus run one of Blackpool's many guest houses..

The illuminations switch on is usually good to... But they are charging 35 quid a ticket this year that is usually a free concert!

Thank you Dan...

Are you coming up for the airshow Shelly? Its on over two days this year.. The Sunday and Monday?

Do you come up for the day or do you stay over? Me and the missus run one of Blackpool's many guest houses..

The illuminations switch on is usually good to... But they are charging 35 quid a ticket this year that is usually a free concert!

No, didn't know there was an airshow.
We usually come up for the day, my mum stays for a week when she comes usually around illuminations time.

Yeah.. We have an airshow at the beach every year..

This year it is on the 11th and 12th August. It's an exelent day and we'll worth the trip.

The red arrows are doing both days.. Battle of Britain flyby with as spitfire, hurricane and Lancaster bomber.. The Vulcan bomber is back this year.. There are wing walkers and other acrobatic displays....

I hope the weather stays good for it....

That sounds really good, I'll maybe try to get down. Like you say hopefully the weather will be good.

Back
Top Bottom