Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-08-2022, 05:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Just starting

Hi, just introducing myself. A couple of months ago my daughter asked if Santa would bring her fish for Christmas. I said I thought it was a good idea and thought it would be relatively simpleÖ. Fast forward 2 months and Iíve spent hours and hours reading, watching videos, cross referencing information and picking up as much info as I can as I quickly realised there was a bit more to this than bobbing a heater in a tank and picking a pretty fish 🤣
Anyway. I now have a 200l tank with a mix of live and artificial plants. Completed the fishless cycle and I put a bristlenose plec and 6 Sterba Corey in last weekend. Turns out there was a tiny unidentified fish in with the plec so I also have a baby of some sort in there which Iím hoping will make it. Iím rooting for him and after asking advice on one of the threads on here am thinking he may be a guppy.
Iím loving watching them, the Coreyís are so full of character! They spent hours today surfing the bubbles from the filter - I had no idea theyíd be so playful. Looking forward to adding a few more fish 😁

Old 12-08-2022, 05:23 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Welcome to the community. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about what you are getting up to.
Old 12-08-2022, 05:28 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Welcome!
Old 12-08-2022, 10:36 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi and welcome to the forum

You could always get your daughter some fish and chips for Christmas. You wanted fish for Christmas, there you go.

Tags
star, start, starting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com