3D Background Concern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daxhua

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm in the process of setting up a 100g fw tank with a rocky ledge 3d background. I was planning on using magnets rather than silicone to hold the background in place for easy removal if needed, I'm worried about the water that will fall behind it will not get good water circulation causing the water to turn stagnate or detritus settling in. Can somebody with experience using these backgrounds please help?
Thanks

I have never thought of that. I have a 17g with a styrofoam background just wedged in. I'm interested to see what everyone thinks of this. I wouldn't think there would be that much water back there to warrant concern but I could be wrong.

If your background is made from a solid piece of styrofoam then your right its not a concern. My background from universal rocks is made from polyurethane foam with alot of empty spaces for water, it doesnt have a solid foam backing. I'll post some pics when I get a chance. I'm thinking maybe I can put a small pump or power head behind the background for circulation :?:

Back
Top Bottom