75 gallon tank on 2nd floor.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It really should be OK, the weight is only going to be around 700 lbs. If your condo can't hand that, I would really be concerned about where I am living.

Just because one can doesn't mean another can. I'd check with an inspector on the weight limit your beams can hold

And btw you need to include tank weight, substrate weight, water weight, decor weight, equipment weight, and stand weight. My tank alone with everything minus stand weighs 950lbs. Stand is now another 150lbs

And btw you need to include tank weight, substrate weight, water weight, decor weight, equipment weight, and stand weight. My tank alone with everything minus stand weighs 950lbs. Stand is now another 150lbs

Thanks for the info. Will 20 gallons extra would/could cause an issue? My 55 has been there for years.

Well a 75g tank weighs 140lbs, plus whatever substrate you use and a stand your looking at a minimum of 160lbs extra just for water

It will be just fine , if you are concerned just add a board under the legs to distribute downward force, also shim it back toward the wall a tad so if it does settle it will not tip!

As long as the weight of the stand is evenly distributed than you have nothing to worry about.

700 lbs is nothing especially if it's against a wall which I'm sure it is. Remember the weight is spread out over several joists. The joists don't even know it's there.

Back
Top Bottom