Emperor 400 Noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lengelund

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi!
I just upgraded my Emperor 280 to an Emperor 400. My 280 has been running on my 46 G bow front for 10 years with no problems at all. Had no qualms about ordering another Emperor because of satisfaction with my 280. So my 400 arrives and I am shocked by the rattle and grinding sounds. After 2 days, taking apart the impeller twice, I finally remove the 400 and put back my quiet 280. Couldn't stand the noise. I just wanted to improve filtration, as I am now stocking this tank with cichlids. Was excited about having the second biowheel. I hear that Marineland is very easy to deal with and will send a new impeller, but that doesn't always fix the problem. Any suggestions? I feel like I wasted money here. I shouldn't have to take apart and replace pieces of a brand new purchase. UGH!!

I've never had any good luck out of marineland filters. They may have been good quality back in the day, but now days, they just plain suck IMO. I'd take it back and get an AquaClear 70... You'll be happy if you do.

+1 aqua clear I love my aqua clear filter I use one on my 10gal and one on my 45gal and both are quiet as can be. I agree you should return the noise and get an aqua clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Marineland is sending me a new impeller. Maybe that will do the trick, but I don't like having to take apart and repair a brand new item. I have emailed AquariumGuys.com about the filter but get no response from them. That's the trouble with online ordering. I can't just take the thing back to the store. Anyone order from these guys? Anyone ever send something back?

Back
Top Bottom