Favorite pump for 150 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcopley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had my 150 gallon drilled cichlid tank for five years. I made my own filter with Tupperware drawers and plastic pot scrubbers. It's in a Tupperware container sump under the tank. The top drawer has a sheet of polyfil that I replace every other week and the second drawer has my homemade bioballs (pot scrubbers). It has worked great except I keep having to replace the pump about once or twice a year. Our electricity went off tonight and after it came back on the pump was dead. This is my second pump THIS YEAR!! I'm tempted to go buy four waterfall filters and hang them over the back, but I don't think the filtration would be as good as my current setup. I'd love to hear advice and recommendations on pumps. I attached a picture of some of my fish but the pic is sideways. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1007.jpg
    IMG_1007.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 86
Nice tank, and a good looking crop of fish. I admire your enginuity in building your sump system. If by waterfall filter, you are referring to HOB filters, A.C. 110's seem to be the filter of choice by most members. Seachem's new line of HOB's appear to be an up and coming contender.

AC 110 is a good filter.A couple would work IMO..
For my sump on my 180 [sump in basement tank in living room above] I use Jeboa DC pumps.The 12,000 is best for you IMO.
It is digitally controlled so you turn down electricity use not water flow to control rate...
Pretty affordable ,BUT Chinese patent stealing almost at it's finest ,it may or may not last years..I have a couple that have run for years and one that stops every year or so ,but starts after putting on a different power source..
My return line from basement is 1 1/2 inch hard PVC and I have the tank running 1 setting under full power...It quietly and quickly moves water! (y)
IMO worth the price and better then Danner mags that suck electricity and add 5-10 degrees to tank temp...
https://www.amazon.com/Jecod-Jebao-...F8&qid=1505398707&sr=8-12&keywords=pump+jebao

Back
Top Bottom