help! skimmer gone crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefster

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i just got a new coralife 225 supper skimmer and adjusting it seems impossible. everytime i touch the water level adjustment knob its always too much or too little. i cant find a happy medium

I finally got it running right two days ago.. come to find out my pump was too low i the water.. it doesnt matter anymore now because when i woke up this morning 100 gallons of water was on my carpet.. the tank seperated on the back and bottom seal and i lost everything.

i know this is a little late but those skimmers are designed for in sump applications and quiet frankly are garbage... i have 3 and never could get any of them to work right

lol i don't know thats what i've been reading. what are then best? so i know for when i get a larger tank and have a sump

I finally got it running right two days ago.. come to find out my pump was too low i the water.. it doesnt matter anymore now because when i woke up this morning 100 gallons of water was on my carpet.. the tank seperated on the back and bottom seal and i lost everything.

Wow... Now that sucks!!! 20 years ago I woke up to a very similar mess,...hopefully your next tank will be water tight!!

the best skimmer on the market is probably the bubble king. i would say that since the aqua-c's website only states "loads of air" or "large amounts of air", they either have never checked to see how much air (unlikely), or they checked and it doesn't come close to the other popular skimmers (likely).
besides a small amount of efficiency that comes from the different designs, skimmers are only as good as their pumps. that's why if you look at decent skimmers, they will tell you how much air the pump is pulling V.S. how much electricity it draws.

check out bubble king, royal exclusiv(bubble king's new line), octopus, MSX, SWC, euro-reef, Vertex IN, Tunze

my tank was only three months old but my LFS came through and took all my corals and inverts that i had saved in a bucket and relocated them at the store for me. they also came and had my carpet professionaly cleaned, set up a brand new 150 gallon tank and stand for me. Now im just waiting for it to cycle. I will never go to another store as long as this one is open. they took care of everything and much more. i went from a 68 gallon used tank on a cheap stand to this new one.. it did not cost me anything.........Thank you FISH BOWL AND MORE IN PEARLAND,TX

my coralife still is not working but my lfsis letting me trade it in for an octopus this weekend. my 36 inch compact flourecent light is too short for this tank so im getting a bigger one im thinking of going to t5 HO. is that much better?

yes. it's a lot better. for a 150 gallon tank i would go with a 16 x 39 watt fixture, or two 3' fixtures with 8 lamps in each. that would be enough to keep anything you wanted, anywhere you want.

Back
Top Bottom