Limited Budget, new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Konrade

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am getting a 60 gallon and am thinking about buying odyssea products as I'm on a limited budget and want a cannister filter and high output cf's. Anyone have anything to say about their products, any experience? TIa

Junk.... I have some cf's that were used a month and I would not waste my time to give them to you. On the other hand Lando has a MH fixture from them that he has had no problems with. My personal opinion is stay away.

Dunno bout those products... but the word budget did strike a chord..
saltwater tanks and budgets are very opposing forces for blasted sure..
that equipment might work or not fine.. just be sure you take the same attitude (with alot of patience) with all your purchases... not a cheap hobby for sure..
(and being cheap in the hobby can really be disasterous from what I've read on many occasions in many places)

It's a great hobby...money or not, take er slow..

Maybe you could look in local classified ads. Sometimes people sell good equipment that they just want to get rid of. You could save some money that way and get the proper equipment you need.

The initial costs involved with setting up a saltwater aquarium make the idea of having a limited budget nearly impossible. Maybe you should look into getting a nano cube. There are many interesting things you can do with those.

this is not a cheap hobby and cutting corners is only going to cost more in the long run.. Save up till you can by good equipment and LR, lots of LR.

I have a Ody 65watt PC light and it has been great for over a year now.

I have to agree with seaham on this one. I originally purchased a Prizm skimmer for my 75 gallon because it was inexpensive. It was rated up to 100 gallons(i think). I'm finding out it just isn't doing the job, plus its a hang on which bothers me more than I thought it would. Now I am looking at Turboflotors that are over 200 dollars.

I also originally went with an Eheim Professional II canister filter, again to save money. After about a year, I spent even more money to switch to a Tidepool II...which has made me way happier.

All of these changes still came after a ton of research before even starting my setup. This is one of those hobbies that you just don't know exactly which direction you are going to go or what tweaks you will have to make until after everything is running and in place.

It's an awesome hobby..pennies well spent, but save up and do it right.

You owe it to your fishies :)

Odyessa...either you love them or hate them. Personally, I have had the MH/CF 48in. fixture for almost six months with absolutly no problems. For the price, I am very happy with the unit.

I agree with Lando. I got a Jebo which was from them when I bought all this guys stuff, and it has been more durable than any light Ihave had. I have it on a prop tank, and it works like a champ!

Back
Top Bottom