Need help hanging my leds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spechty37

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just ordered two of the Chinese LEDs now how do I hang them do they sell any kinda bracket that hooks to the back of tank. I can't hang mine from ceiling and I have an open top any ideas would be appreciated thank you

Well, you can use wood, or something like plant hangars, and attach them to the wall behind the tank or attach wood to the back of the stand and come over the top...sort of like the game "hang man".

I used round closet dowel and mounted it to the tank stand with flag pole mounts for easy removal , or if you don't have a wood stand you can achieve the same effect with 2x2 with a T base that sits on the floor,
img_2722781_0_554c08b357a2d030df593094865611ad.jpg

Mine has since been painted black so it don't stand out , I love it works great and it only cost me around $15.

Thanks for the ideas what are your elbows made from is it PVC

Maybe even use PVC you could try to hide some of the wires in it

the elbows are pvc I did try pvc pipe but it bent from the weight of the light thats why I went with the wood dowel

You could use metal conduit and bend it into the shape you want. They also have metal elbows to create the same scenario that 54seaweed has. Just spray paint it to match the stand.

I couldn't hang from the ceiling either so I took two pieces of metal cut them and welded them together. Then i lag bolted them to the wall.

Attachments

• image-3954820088.jpg
    image-3954820088.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 92
  • image-97914057.jpg
    image-97914057.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 71
Another good idea Mrx looks like I'm going to lowes tomorrow. I ordered two of the Chinese LEDs yesterday they just emailed me a said I should have them Wednesday or Thursday so I want to get the hangers up lol can't wait

Back
Top Bottom